Temporal Browlift in Cleveland, Ohio
- Temporal browlift is a type of browlift or forehead lift that address the lateral (sides) of the forehead and eyebrow.
- Incisions are hidden in the hairline.
- Temporal brow lift can be performed endoscopically or threw small incisions. Both methods are considered minimally invasive.
- Unlike endoscopic browlift or forehead lift, temporal browlift does not lift the central (area over the nose and frown lines) brow and forehead.
Who is a Candidate for Temporal Browlift?
- Healthy patients with appropriate expectations seeking to the lateral forehead, malar cheeks and temporal area are good candidates.
- Temporal browlift is often performed as part of a comprehensive facial rejuvenation and frequently performed with eyelid surgery.
- This procedure is commonly performed with facelift procedures, including deep plane facelift and mini facelift.
How is Temporal Browlift Performed?
Temporal brow lift is often performed under general anesthesia, especially when performed as a complimentary procedure to facelift or eyelid surgery. Although, this may be performed under local anesthesia or with IV sedation.
Incisions are hidden within the hairline and gentle lifting of the tissues of the lateral brow and temporal area is gently performed. The dense attachments of the forehead and temporal brow are dissected free of the orbital rim (bone around the eye) and zygomatic arch (cheek bone).
Permanent sutures are used to suspend, or lift, the brow and lateral forehead into a higher, more rejuvenated and youthful, appearance.
Contact Dr. Brian Harmych
*Filling out this form will not place you on our email list.
How is Temporal Browlift different from Endoscopic Forehead Lift?
The main difference between temporal browlift and endoscopic forehead lift is the extent of dissection and areas of rejuvenation.
Endoscopic forehead lift typically involves lifting and repositioning of the central forehead, removal or weakening of the muscles responsible for frown lines, in addition to rejuvenation of the lateral forehead and temporal area.
Endoscopic forehead lift often requires the use of dissolvable implants to hold the lifted forehead in a higher, more youthful, position while healing takes place. Temporal brow lift does not require the use of bone-anchored implants for healing.
Recovery from temporal brow lift
- The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis.
- Prescription pain medicine is usually required for 3-5 days.
- Patients may shower and wash the hair on the second postoperative day.
- Most patients are able to return to work, school and social activity in about one week after temporal browlift.
- Full physical activity may be resumed at one month.
How much does Temporal Brow Lift in Cleveland, Ohio cost?
- The average cost of temporal browlift is $7,011. But, cost of temporal brow lift can exceed $20,000 according to 2023 data reported by RealSelf.
- Cost of Temporal Browlift is determined by the complexity of the procedure and any additional procedures performed. However, Dr. Harmych’s patients can expect the cost of temporal browlift to be within this range.
- Anesthesia and facility fees also apply for patients undergoing brow lift under anesthesia or IV sedation.
Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon in Cleveland, Ohio
Patients considering temporal brow lift and facial surgeries should carefully review the credentials and training of their surgeon.
There are three certifying boards for physicians practicing comprehensive facial plastic surgery:
- The American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- The American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology.
For patients considering any type of facial plastic surgery, including endoscopic forehead lift and lateral temporal browlift, the best and safest choice is a surgeon certified by one of these boards.
Where should I go for Temporal Brow Lift in northeast Ohio?
Harmych Facial Plastic Surgery is located Beachwood in Cleveland, Ohio. Schedule a consultation at our Beachwood location and see if lateral temporal browlift is a good option for you.
29225 Chagrin Blvd. #285
Beachwood, Ohio 44122